Saturday 31 January 2015

Silver - Day 31 of the January Nail Art Challenge

Hi!!!

*horns and trumpets blaring* cue pretty lady with my trophy and bouquet 'cuz I MADE IT!!!!!!!

It's day 31, the end of the month and then end of this Challenge and I completed it. Quite proud of myself too because it was my first but definitely won't be my last.

Today's theme was silver...definitely not a favourite of mine so what I did was blue with the essence of silver if you will.

Products Used:
Orly Bonder Basecoat
CND Stickey
HK Girl Top Coat
Silver Foil

Ok so here's what I did.

I started with my usual base of Bonder but went over with my CND as I remembered Yoga-ta Get This Blue stains like crazy. However, the staining is worth in it my opinion because the colour is soooo gorgeous. After that I applied 2 coats of  YGTB on all my fingers except my ring fingers. Well...that's a lie. Because my brain tends to be sieve-like in nature I forgot I wanted an accent nail and painted all blue then had to take it off. Anywhosie one that mess was corrected I did one coat of Sterling Silver on my ring finger.

I did the gradient on my ring finger using YGTB and Sterling Silver and placed the 3D Silver on the tips once that was dry. I then applied my silver decal and sealed with two coats of HK Girl just to make sure it was secure. 

Back to my other fingers. I taped off the top of my finger in a semi circle using the half moon vinyls and applied the silver foil with the Bonder basecoat. In hindsight I should have used Sterling Silver instead of the foil.





It didn't turn out as I pictured it in my head but I'm pretty pleased with it.

Do you like how it came out? Would you like to see more challenges? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment