Sunday 16 August 2015

Review: Sephora Formula X

Hi Guys,

I'm back from my mini unexpected hiatus. I haven't posted since April because I was feeling overwhelmed and needed a break and it was approaching my biggest deadline for the year at work which just added to it all. But everything's back to normal now so I'm back. Lucinda will be pleased.

Speaking of Lucinda, a few months ago the Moden Makeup girls took a trip to IMATS NY and brought me back two new babies to add to the collection. Aren't they sweethearts!! :) They were both from the Sephora formula X line which got me going because they're my first from the brand. Even did my happy dance in front my office door. Oh the shame! *hides face*

Anywhosie below are my two babies they got me.

Today, I'm going to do a review of the two polishes she got me.

First up is Sephora Formula X Continuum. This is a gorgeous sky blue colour, actually the only shade like it in my collection. The shade of blue reminds me of the sky here in Barbados on a really sunny day. If I was any kind of photographer I'd have a pic to insert here but we all know I suck at that.
The formula on this polish is creamy perfection and could be opaque in one coat if you're careful. It didn't stain on me so that's a plus in my books as blues tend to make a mess of my nails. I used two coats in the pictures below out of habit but like I said I could've gotten away with one. You can purchase this colour here.

Sephora Formula X Continuum







in sunlight
 


The second colour they got me is Vivacious. The name threw me off because it made me think of a bold pinky purple. It's actually a gun metal colour with the finest silver shimmer running through. It's a good alternative if you want a  nice dark colour but you don't want to use a black. The formula on this like Continuum was superb. It's not a cream polish but it went on the nail that way. I used two coats here again. Please excuse the kinesiology tape in the last two photos. Here's the link for where you can buy.

Sephora Formula X Vivacious









Overall these two polishes impressed me particularly for their quality so I'm gonna be adding some more to the stash sometime.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment