Saturday 17 January 2015

Gradient - Day 17 of the January Nail Art Challenge

Hi Again!!

I'm back for Day 17 and today's theme is Gradient.

I didn't want to do a typical sponged gradient ('cuz mine need work) so I opted to use my ever handy nail vinyls. These things were made for people like me - people who failed art miserably, can't freehand a thing and have shaky hands.

Products Used:
Orly Bonder Basecoat
BOPai Nail Lacquer in White
Sinful Colors Innocent (Cave Shepherd and Imart now carry this brand)
Seche Vite Top Coat
Small Chevron Nail Vinyls
#0 Nail Art Brush
E.L.F Clean-up Brush (really their concealer brush)
Tweezers

This mani made me think of designer throw pillows lol! Anyway let's hop to it.

I started with one thickish coat of the BOPai White. This was gifted to me and I had never heard of this brand before or managed to find it online or in stores anywhere including outside of Bim.

I went over the white with a thin coat of Seche (well as thin as possible as I've emptied all my goopy half bottles into one bottle and it's a mess) just to speed up the drying time.

After that was completely dried I placed my small chevron vinyls from Teisom on my nail, separating each nail into four parts. I painted each part in a different shade of green, starting with the lightest - Gelato in Venice and ending with Naughty Nautical.






Once I was done I sealed everything with a coat of Seche Vite. I'm just using this for now as I swapped my bottle of HK Girl to my new friend Lucinda over at Moden Makeup (a Bajan blog she runs with her friend Heidi). I met her for the first time this week and I swear I've known her for years, - talk about good energy!!!

No worries though, I've got a refill bottle so as I type this I'm waiting for one of my empty polish bottles to dry so I can fill it up with my trust HK Girl.

What did you think about today's mani? Hope you like it! Let me know in the comments

No comments:

Post a Comment