Sunday 4 January 2015

Sparkles - Day 4 of the January Nail Art Challenge

Hi Guys,

I'm back again. I'm making an effort to post every Sunday...maybe more often but right now I can commit to every Sunday.

It's day 4 of January which means it's time for the 2nd mani of the January Nail Art Challenge. Today's theme was sparkles and I automatically knew which polish I wanted to use. I just did a simple mani really, contemplated adding a decal but decided to just let the polish be pretty on its own.

For this I used Essie's Lots of Lux. It's a textured polish which was released as part of the Encrusted Treasures Holiday Collection in 2013. Essie describes it as "shimmering lapis lazuli with a super matte finish" and the description is on point!! The fine shimmers definitely sparkle when they catch the light and it's gorgeous. I purchased mine from Collins for BDS$13.40 and I believe they may still have a few in stock. They also have others from this collection for anyone who is interested. Outside of Barbados it can be purchased online from Essie or other retailers 

For this mani I top-coated with my trusty HK Girl Top Coat. I used two coats for a smooth finish because textured polishes tend to be a bit top coat hungry.


without flash

without flash
with flash

with flash

These were taken under the artificial lighting in my room so tomorrow I'll take a few in natural light and post to my Instagram. I'm working on learning to take better pictures and will be making a light box sometime soon so hopefully that helps. I'm a complete ninny when it comes to editing images so I'm also on a hunt for an easy to use photo editor. Any suggestions?...even a Photo Editing for Dummies would help if its exists.

Have you tried any other polishes from this collection? Let me know below.

PS. the #nailartjan challenge is open to anyone to try so have fun with it.

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment