Wednesday 14 January 2015

New Technique - Day 14 of the January Nail Art Challenge



Hi Guys,

I'm back with day 14 of the January Nail Art Challenge and today's theme was 'New Technique'. For this I decided to give the saran wrap mani a try. It's not a new technique by any means but it's new to me.

Products Used:
Orly Bonder Basecoat
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Mellow Yellow
HK Girl Top Coat
Saran/Cling Wrap
Clean-up Brushes


To prep I tore off about six pieces of cling and balled them up. I then started with two coats of Mellow Yellow (old formula) on my nails and let those dry. After that I dotted each colour sporadically on my nail. To do this I simply used the polish brush straight out the bottle and put dots of each colour everywhere. 

WARNING!!! THIS WILL GET MESSY!!

After that I took the balled up cling and dabbed it on the colours on my nails to blend them. You've gotta work fast before the dots start to dry and keep dabbing until the colours are well blended. I sealed everything with my HK Girl. 






my Cinderella hand


For a first attempt I think I did pretty ok but I definitely need to work on this and surprisingly my Cinderella hand came out better.

I've linked two Youtube videos below showing two different methods. The first one is from one of my favourite bloggers - Nailasaurus. I used a combination of both techniques because I'm a rebel hahaha. On a real, none of them worked well for me as they were so I did some tweaking.

Nailasaurus' video
Anya's video

Tell me what you think in the comments. I'd love your feedback.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment