Sunday 22 February 2015

My First Stamping Attempt

Last night I got bit by the stamping bug and got up and tried it today.

I purchased my first stamping plates from galcosmetics.com about four years ago. It's so long I can't even find them online (not sure if their name changed or they're no longer in business). I bought them, used them once and failed and never used them again. I love stamping designs and everyone seems so good at them but I'm forever hard on myself so after my first attempt was a failure I gave up.

Fast forward to last night...not sure what got into me, but I wanted to stamp and I knew I wouldn't fail lol *toots own horn*. I started by testing out my gold and silver polishes over different colours on a blank sheet of paper and settled on an oxblood and gold colour scheme.

Products Used:
Orly Bonder Basecoat
Essie Sole Mate
Orly Luxe
Gal Cosmetics GA35 Stamping plate
HK Girl Top Coat
Konad Stamper
Konad Scraper
Clean Up Brush

Fair warning, It's going to be picture heavy.

I started with a base of 2 coats of Essie Sole Mate followed by a coat of HK Girl top coat to speed up the drying time. Once that was dry I picked out my stamping plate and selected a design. Stamping is easy the tricky part for me is lining up and the design and getting it onto my nail in the position I want.

Gal Cosmetics GA35 stamping plate

the image I used


Quick breakdown of the steps:
Step 1: Paint ever stamping design with polish of choice
Step 2: Using the scraper, scrape away the excess polish
Step 3: Press/roll stamper over design
Step 4: Line up design and press/roll on nail



my Cinderella hand






I like how it came out, it's not perfect and I definitely need practice.

On another note, I am beyond frustrated with the quality of my pictures.I'm using the camera on my Iphone 5s because I can't afford a fancy schmancy camera right now. I know of other people who use their phone cameras and get good results so no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Any advice is welcome.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment