Sunday 28 February 2016

Review: Models Own Part 2

Hey guys!

I'm back with part two of the Models Own Review today. Clearly when I said in Part 1 that the other half was coming next wk I forgot a week was 7 days. Today I've got the last two I purchased back in September along with the last one which was gifted to me by my sister.

Sound Factory

This colour was the last one  my sister got me a while back. It was released as part of the Disco Pants Collection. It's a blue polish with blue flecks throughout...describing the shade of blue was a bit hard for some reason. The formula on this was a bit thin. I used two coats but my VNL was still visible so I'd suggest three for full coverage or maybe a thicker second coat. This shade is really pretty however it does stain badly so double up on base coat  and maybe use a white base or be prepared to buff for your life after you take it off. I wore this polish over three weeks ago and I'm still waiting for the staining to grow out.

PS. I haven't tried it but using a white base should reduce the number of coats needed and give a more even finish.






Lilac Icing

Lilac Icing is a gorgeous colour. It was released as part of the Icing Collection which featured a range of five pastel colours. This colour isn't a true lilac as you'll hopefully be able to see from the pictures, it's got a bit too much pink to be a lilac in my opinion but pretty nonetheless.

The formula on this was a bit thick so it was a one coater for me. I've got a slight fear that in a year or so I may need to pull out the thinners for this one or it'll be tricky to work with. The pigmentation is also amazing. Since I got it I've worn it a couple times and it makes for a great toe colour particularly for spring or summer if you live in a country where seasons change...in Bim it's just always hot. It's actually on my toes right now.

This is one that I would definitely recommend you get if you're looking for something from the brand or in the colour range.







Northern Lights

This colour lives up to it's name perfectly.It's a pale pink microglitter with holographic microglitter littered throughout. For some reason it had a tendency to give off an almost champagne coloured effect on the nail and in certain lights. The holo glitter in this polish though is it!!!! I don't think there's another scattered holo amongst the babies with this crazy a holo effect.

I wore this as a full mani for old years but that was a crazy wkend and no nail pics were taken. If I do it again sometime I'll update this post but as you can imagine getting this polish off was a pain. Peel-off base coat I see you!

The glitters sit in a clear base so more than one coat will be needed. I'd say three if you're painting but I painted one coat and sponged the second and that covered the empty space really well. Any visible nail could'nt be seen cuz this polish was busy blinding me. The consistency was really good for a glitter, not goopy or anything.










That's it for the Models Own until I break my no-buy and I've been doing pretty good so far, not due at all to my own self control but the fact that car insurance and road tax about to be due.

I hope you enjoyed the last two posts.

Until next time...











No comments:

Post a Comment