Monday 15 February 2016

Review: Models Own Part 1

 Hi Guys!!

This post has also been sitting in draft for a while waiting patiently for me to complete it and to  make matters worst I lost all the pictures I initially took. *womp womp*.

Continuing on with the reviews today I've got the Models Own review for you. This post is a bit lengthy so I think I'll split it in two. Models Own is an English brand of nail polish with a huge range of colours and finishes so definitely worth your time to check out.

They're seven polishes I'm going to be reviewing in total and four of these polishes were gifted to me by my sister last year but I never got around to reviewing them.

Chrome Rose

Chrome Rose was one of 10 colours released as part of the Colour Chrome Collection last year. The collection featured chrome/liquid metal finishes. Models Own just released 5 new polishes in the line. Chrome Rose is the rose gold of the collection and while not on my wishlist by name I picked it up cuz I've been on the hunt for a nice rose gold polish.

So like I said it's a rose gold polish with a serious liquid metal effect. The formula was good and so was the pigmentation. Let me tell you though, this polish needs some work. I needed to give it a good shake before I applied it. I think because of the molten metal effect, whatever pigment they used just settles to the bottom. So heed that "Shake Well" label on the bottle. Application also took some work, it's brush-strokey as hell but again that's because of the finish so be sure to paint as straight as possible. I also realised there was some dragging as I did my first coat and ended up with a few patches of naked nail. My suggestion would be to apply this with as light a hand as possible and make sure your first coat is dry before applying the second. I used two coats in my swatches below. Another thing is, unless you've got perfectly smooth nails or you buff your nails smooth, you will without a doubt need a ridge filling base coat because this polish shows up every indentation in your nail.

Honestly, I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about this, initially it looked too copper and rusty almost but then it kind of grew on me and I ended up wearing it for a few days.









Blue Chrome

This is a nice icy blue, almost looks like a slightly blue tinged silver in some lighting to my eye. The formula on this was quite similar to that of Chrome Rose.  Same good shaking required, same drying time between coats etc if you've got or tried a great rose gold polish let me know in the comments below.





Red Lustre

This is a classic blue toned red...you know that traditional ole faithful polish colour you pull out for a timeless look. This polish is one from the HyperGel line which boasts a gel like finish with no UV/LED light. The polish applied smoothly and evenly. I used two coats to be "politically correct" but could have gotten away with one. This polish also dried to an extremely glossy finish with no top coat. The line does carry it's own top coat which I didn't pick up because I personally didn't think it was necessary for me. I top coated with my ole faithful HK Girl.








Brunette Red

This is also from the HyperGel line and is a pretty burgundy colour. This formula is just as amazing as that of Red Lustre so I don't think there's much more to type. Also worth mentioning is that the drying time on this polish is AMAZINGGGGG! If you're looking for a quick drying one coater polish then these would be ideal.







Part two of the review comes next week and its got my favourite Models Own polishes so hopefully this one didn't bore you to death and I'll see you then.
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment