Monday 24 August 2015

Mini Haul from OPI!! and My Top 5 | Collab with Moden Makeup

Hey Guys!!

Last Saturday I took a trip to Mozaic to knock a lemming off my list. One polish! I left with three, which in all fairness shows endless restraint on my part. Yayyy me. Think I should reward myself...maybe with more polish.

While messaging Lucinda asking her to talk me out of this trip and save my wallet she came up with the brilliant idea that we should do a collab. And that's just what we did. Here's the link to Lucinda's haul post. She did more damage than me lol.

On this most recent escapade I picked up Miss Piggy's Big Number which I wanted for ages along with The Sky's My Limit from the Ford Mustang Collection and Oy! Another Polish Joke! from the Euro Centrale Collection.

For those Bajans who may not know, Mozaic is located in Limegrove Lifestyle Centre and sells exclusively OPI products: from polish to moisturizers to implements. If it's OPI, they've got it.  They've recently moved from their previous location to their new store opposite Eye Q Stylist Opticians on the first floor. The majority of their polishes retail for BDS$24.95 which is fine for me as the majority of their colours are from newer collections. Another plus is that you know you're buying authentic OPI.

 So let me show you what I got.

Miss Piggy's Big Number

The Sky's My Limit



Oy! Another Polish Joke



Lucinda and I also decided we should include our top 5 OPI polishes so you guys know what we're loving...may also make choosing a colour easier.

borrowed from www.swatchandlearn.com

Chiffon My Mind from the Soft Shades Collection is my absolute favourite OPI of all time. It's a recent purchase but it was love at first sight. I've got no pics of it because I've only worn it on my toes. Forgive me but I'm about to rave about this. I'm a lover of white toes 'cuz they're always crisp and look really clean but sometimes pure white polishes are too stark and have that White Out effect. This...this polish is the perfect soft white with a magenta and blue shimmer. The shimmer is what gives it its character and makes it that much better than a regular white. PERFECT TOE COLOUR!! I got this one from Stylish Apparel in Sky Mall for $25.

Monsooner or Later

I'm not a fan of red polishes so Monsooner or Later is the perfect 'red' for me. It's a bright red orange creme I always go to when I want something closer to a classic colour. It's also one of my go to toe colours when I want a break from the white.

DS Extravagance

DS Extravagance was another lemming of mine that I knocked off my list thanks to Mozaic. It's probably one of the prettiest colours from the Designer Series line.

DS Lapis

DS Lapis was an 'accidental' purchase I picked up when I got DS Extravagance. It's also from the Designer Series line. It's a gorgeous blue and my pics do it no justice, sorry to say. This was an unexpected love for me though.

Tomorrow Never Dies

Tomorrow Never Dies was released with the James Bond collection and was an unintentional purchase for me. Loved it in the bottle but what you see in the bottle isn't what you get. It's even more gorgeous on the nail.

Those are my top 5 OPI's for the time being., maybe by year end I'll have a new one or two to add to the list.

Now you know what we've been up to. What are your OPI faves? Let us know in the comments below.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment